How You Can Help!


Sometimes it's the little things!

I no longer own a sewing machine, so making masks has not been an option for me.When Judith Somerset posted this totally doable way of helping (Thank You!), I was delighted! I had recently ordered some of Lion Brand's little DIY skeins and was curious about how far a 65-yard skein would go. Bingo!  One skein made 9 of these ear savers. I am a button hoarder, with a new purpose in life, and mixing and mostly NOT matching them to the tabs will be a little like playing Stitchers' Tiddly Winks. Because I'm a seamstress from way back, I'm going to use sewing needle and thread to attach my buttons, instead of the yarn tail method given in the pattern. Sarah, of Lotus Blooms Designs, has made both the pdf pattern and a video tutorial for these brilliant ear savers, so a round of applause for her simply clever design! Make sure you check out her other patterns on her etsy shop, and also her finished items!

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Ad99071fd-1415-45bb-8023-b159db81fbfb

Check with your intended facility first to see if these will need to be sterilized (if so, use washable cotton) or if many washings acrylic will do. I'm aiming to use up every skein I have, probably watching the new season of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix as I stitch.

Comments

Popular Posts