Green!


       Can you see it?
I can remember doing this as a child (proof my memory is good!), but never had a use for the greens that sprung from the tops of carrots. Recently, however, I saw an article where they were used in pesto. Pesto! Who doesn't love garlic  & greens & olive oil over pasta (or in my case, spaghetti squash)? Once upon a time, I managed  a 165 acre farm in Maine. Surely I can remember to water 3  carrot tops now! Well, we'll see, and when they grow, I'll be sure to share the recipe. But-as with everything- this experience starts before the greens are fully grown, with care and attendance needed before dinner is started. My ancient psyche is a bit more suited to the task than my 5-year old self was. Patience can indeed be learned!


     The current pandemic is making me more and more aware of how many things we use every day that are throw-aways, as if adding to the piles of garbage at the landfill won't eventually take a toll on our communities. I am grateful to Lion Brand Yarn, who has produced Re-UP, a great recycled blend in a worsted weight, perfect for dishcloths. Bright colors, recycled fiber, an excuse to crochet before I clean-what's not to like?
      These are simple shapes, in doubled yarn, to make your stitching experience colorful and quick and fun .The finished products will even make doing the dishes fun !
     Let your handmade Quads and Orbs decorate your kitchen in a most useful manner! Re-Up and clean up the Earth while you water your carrot greens!

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Aecd6944c-035b-4e27-a90b-a3f4a056f1ab

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A1e6de05b-60fd-4317-83b1-c92190942db2

Comments

Popular Posts