Priorities in the Days of Coronavirus

                                               Lion Brand's Landscapes in Coral Reef
                                                        Circle of Life- washing the kale
     The daily rules are changed. The rush rush rush of life is of necessity slowed down. All of the excuses to just open a can of soup are dissolved in the huge quantities of time being spent indoors. with, finally, time to cook. Alone, I can call upon the spirit of my grandmother to accompany me through the making of a pot of chicken soup. Bubbling hot, with her reminder that mushrooms improve everything, adding a whole container of fungi, turning "really good" into "extraordinary."
     A project I'm crocheting sparkles at me from the living room floor. Full belly and beautiful colors make my life sing.
     Yes, a little human contact/physicality would be nice, but oh well. All of you who are living with a partner, please take this opportunity to appreciate it. If there is someone in your world that it is safe to snuggle up against- try full body scrubs if you're not sure- then for goddess's sake, appreciate it!
     I am left with massaging my kale. Really! It doesn't massage me back, but a good massaged kale and avocado salad makes a delightful side dish to the broiled salmon or cod dinners my MS and I are fond of. Grateful there are no nannycams catching me singing to the vegetable as it surrenders under my not-so-tender ministrations. A garlicky vinaigrette mashed into the greens turns what looks awful into deliciousness.
     Aldi delivery to my doorstep, wiping everything down before it comes in, and mindfully using it all to create healthy meals makes staying in not unpleasant.
       Be mindful! Be careful! Be healthy! And yes, there'll be a pattern for the above in a few days time. Isn't it beautiful?

Comments

Popular Posts