The Little Things

                                                 

     Sometimes all it takes is a little change. Last night, I found one of those. I most often make myself a cup of Golden Milk before bed, but at 9 PM, I was in a hurry to get into my warm bed with Stephen King, and made a quickie cup of chamomile tea instead. I don't love the taste of chamomile, but it is a good relaxant, so I braved the flavor of wet socks to speed up the bedtime process. At the last minute, before carrying it into the bedroom, I added a half teaspoon of cinnamon and mixed it in well while it was still piping hot.
     I read for a while before taking a sip, and Lordy! Lordy! This was not a wet sock infusion! I did not have to force myself to finish it because it was SO DARN GOOD. What a difference that half teaspoon of spice made! It was wonderful to achieve the chamomile  glow without the gack! It tasted really good!
     It's still snowing here. Hot tea. Wool socks. A watch-the-flakes-come-down meditation.

                                                             
                                                                     the back steps.......

Comments

Popular Posts