Snow Day/Icelandic Hat by Sue


The forecast predicts snow through tomorrow. Good thing my Yaktrax came yesterday. I have very  MS-y feet, so winter wear on them is not fashionable or varied, but rather cheap and consistent. Faux fur lined boots are light, and if I'm careful, waterproof, and with the addition of the Trax, safe in the ice and snow.


I have tried just about every kind of boot and after proclaiming "Too heavy"; "Too stiff"; "Too cold!"; and ""They fell off!", I keep coming back to these cheapies that work for me. MS doesn't allow for weight- shuffle foot is bad enough without a 5 pound boot!- so I still look at Bean boots and cowboy boots and Doc Martens , and even knee length rubber boots with envy, but for all the reasons mentioned they just don't work.  No one needs a rubber boot left in the snow, even with good wool socks on. My feet just don't hang on to boots like they used to. Sigh!
     Sue's Icelandic hat just screamed "Put me in the snow!", so I obliged. Carefully
.

pdf down below.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Aa424602b-cdb4-454d-a459-b13a901af099

Stay warm & be careful in the snow!

Comments

  1. This is so good to know about your MS and the importance of the foot wear. The hat is something I will have to make since I just love the cute top instead of a pompom. Keep on sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts