Words

https://cripfemmecrafts.com/blogs/news/what-does-crip-mean

I'm letting others do the explanation here. It has taken me 10 years to finally get to the place where I can admit that this disease is in fact crippling me. For a long time, I denied that things had gotten as bad as they had, but the need to remove myself from the heat of Rincon kind of nails it in a way that nothing else had. My tendency to Pollyanna-ism has always kept me in a reality free zone. When my son began to use the word "deterioration", my ears perked up in ways that sleeping all day and not eating and having trouble walking did not. Even as I write this, part of me is saying, "It's really not that bad." You know, don't upset people.
     Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining through the window and it's 40 degrees. I may make it over to the post office today, my legs feeling up to the challenge. I'm conscious of needing to remember that the extra heat outside means I need to NOT bundle up, or overheating will make the walk difficult. A walk will mean a nap afterwards, and that's just fine. As always, it's one step at a time.
      But first- a shower. Today's TMI is- I stink! My writing friend Courtney, in Rincon, (gracias, darling!) gifted me a copy of The Wahl's Protocol, and after a lifetime of paying attention to what I eat, this is a whole other Universe of food rules. I've been a vegetarian, a vegan, an omnivore, but the movement to mostly vegetables, no grains, and curated meats, I think has pushed my body into some sort of de-tox. The dehydration I experienced during Hurricane Maria seems to be finally loosening its claws on me, and along with the desire to eat, I'm finally recognizably thirsty, and that has good consequences on this body's system. Except for the smell! Grandson Aiden's Future Farmers of America gift box contained lots of local handmade soaps and lotions, , which, trust me, my Medina neighborhood should be grateful for.


 Ah! Clean!
The walk to the post office was lovely, a sweater and a scarf was all that was needed.


     I was right to be concerned about overdressing. I was fine outside, but a heated post office made it feel like all the stuffing in me ran out at the foot. Fortunately, the cold  outside revived me adequately  after a not-too-long stay., for a safe walk home. Thankful for water, water, and more water when I got back. Naptime!

Comments

Popular Posts